Gmail the most popular mailing service is offering an offline mode that will only work on Google Chrome when browsing in normal mode, not incognito mode.
According to reports, more than 1.8 billion people use Gmail for work and personal use or purpose.
Expert says that this new feature will be super helpful in areas with low connectivity or no internet, particularly remote areas.
How to use Gmail without an internet connection
If you find yourself without an internet connection, there’s no need to panic. You can still access your Gmail account by taking advantage of Gmail’s Offline mode.
This mode allows you to read and compose emails without an internet connection, and all of your changes will be automatically synced the next time you connect to the internet.
Here’s how to enable Gmail’s Offline mode:
- Log into your Gmail account as usual.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Offline” section and click the “Enable” button.
- A new pop-up window will appear. Select how long you want Gmail to keep your messages offline (the default is “7 days”), then click “OK.”
That’s it! Now you can access your Gmail account offline. Any changes you make will be automatically synced the next time you connect to the internet.
Now after knowing this, it’s important to know how to undo what you’ve done. That’s why we’re still going to be telling you how to undo it. Stick to the post to know more.
How to disable Gmail Offline mode
To disable Gmail Offline mode follow this step to do so:
- Firstly on your computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security”, click Content settings and then Cookies.
- Click See all cookies and site data and then Remove all.
Or you can use the second method which is:
- Go to Gmail offline settings.
- Uncheck “Enable offline mail”.
That’s all for today follow the steps listed and you can activate and deactivate Gmail Offline mode on your account. Thanks for reading hope we see you again…