How to Replace Your Lost or Damaged PVC

Replacement Process for Lost or Damaged PVCs

Are you searching for a way to replace your lost or damaged PVC? Find no more, as in this article we have completely explained all the steps and procedures to replace a lost or damaged PVC. If your PVC is lost or damaged, follow the steps outlined in this guide to help you easily apply for a replacement and get ready to vote in the 2024 general elections.

You can start your application online to make the process faster, or you can also start offline by visiting the INEC registration center in your local government area.


Online Application: How to replace my lost Voter’s card or damaged PVC online

To initiate the replacement process for your lost or damaged Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC), follow these online steps:

  • Visit INEC’s online portal to start the application.
  • Click ‘Sign in/Register’ on the top menu bar, login, or create a portal account using your email.
  • Navigate to ‘Lost or Damaged PVC’ and click ‘Request New Card.’
  • Provide your PVC details and click ‘Search for Record’ to retrieve your registration information.
  • Review the displayed details for accuracy, then click ‘Start Review’ and ‘Edit Application’ to proceed.
  • Fill in the required information, including education level, birth details, and origin information.
  • Accept data sharing with NIMC, click ‘Save and Continue,’ and proceed.
  • Upload passport photos using the ‘Start Camera’ button (for webcam-equipped computers).
  • Save photos and continue to receive your application slip.
  • Thereafter, download or print the application slip and take it to the INEC address sent to your email for card replacement.
See also  How To Check Airtel Data Balance And Who Is Sharing Your Data In 2024


Offline Application: How to replace my lost Voter’s card or damaged PVC offline

For offline applications, visit the INEC office in your local government area and follow these steps:

  • Provide a document proving your previous PVC ownership or your national identity card.
  • Inform the INEC officer about your intention to replace your lost or damaged PVC, explaining the circumstances.
  • Further, complete the application process, and you’ll be issued a Temporary Voter’s Slip.


  • Apply at least 30 days before the election.
  • The term “DUPLICATE” will be indicated on the new PVC for identification.
  • Also, the reissue date will be printed on the new PVC.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q1: When should I apply for PVC replacement?

Apply at least 30 days before the election to ensure timely processing.

Q2: How can I identify the new PVC as a duplicate?

The new card will have the word “DUPLICATE” displayed prominently on it.

Q3: What documents do I need for an offline application?

Bring any proof of previous PVC ownership or your national identity card.


Mbah Chinedu E. is a tech expert with extensive experience in mobile phones, PCs, and telecommunication services. Renowned for solving diverse tech challenges, he offers reliable and accurate information. A seasoned industry professional, Mbah Chinedu E. combines hands-on experience with in-depth knowledge. Dedicated to simplifying complex concepts, he provide authoritative and practical advice, making him a trusted source for navigating the dynamic landscape of technology.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button