The Government of India has collaborated with WhatsApp to now allow users to finally book their COVID-19 vaccination slots via the popular social messaging app. This particular initiative was taken by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The MyGovIndia and WhatsApp collaboration will now make life much easier for individuals amid the ongoing pandemic.
MyGov Corona Helpdesk, the health ministry’s official COVID-19 assistance chatbot, can now be used to book a vaccination slot via WhatsApp. The chatbot will now allow users to book vaccination slots for their first and second shots and get an appointment via the instant messaging app.
This comes after the MyGov Corona Helpdesk recently got the ability to download a soft copy of the vaccine certificate. WhatsApp says that so far, over 32 lakh certificates have been downloaded by users across the country.
This bot was introduced in March last year to help prevent misinformation about the coronavirus pandemic. WhatsApp says that over 41 million users across India have accessed the chatbot since then.
All it takes is just a few simple steps, and you will be able to book your vaccination slots via the app. Without further ado, here is a step-by-step guide to avail of the new ‘COVID vaccine near me’ feature on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp COVID-19 Vaccination Slot: Steps To Book
The MyGov Corona Helpdesk is a chatbot that is available on WhatsApp. The new service allows users to book vaccination slots based on the Pincode they feed in.
It prompts you to pick a preferred time and date. Using this method, users can skip going to the CoWIN platform and look for slots and, instead, easily book a vaccination appointment on their phones via WhatsApp.
However, to register a new user, the CoWIN platform needs to be used. To book your upcoming COVID-19 vaccination slot, follow the steps below:
- Manually save the number +91 9013151515 on your phone. Go to WhatsApp and search for the MyGov Corona Helpdesk bot. Alternatively, you can head to this link to open the MyGoV Corona Helpdesk Chatbot on WhatsApp.
- Type and send a text with the exact words ‘Book Slot’ inside the chatbot on WhatsApp.
- This will generate a six-digit OTP on the respective mobile phone number. Enter the OTP in the chatbot.
- The bot will show a list of people that are registered with the number. Choose the person whose vaccination slot you wish to book.
- MyGov Corona Helpdesk will show nearby centers based on the pin code and the vaccination type. You can choose your desired location, center, and slot for taking your COVID-19 vaccination. based on the steps mentioned in the chatbot.
- All users registered on CoWIN can follow the steps to get a confirmation of their COVID-19 vaccination appointment with the name of the center along with the date and time.
The COVID-19 vaccine certificate
The Government of India is trying to bring out more and more features related to the COVID-19 vaccination slots via WhatsApp. Recently, the government also rolled out the feature of getting your vaccination certificate via the social messaging app. The COVID-19 vaccine certificate is of paramount importance right now.
This simple yet much-needed feature cuts down on the headache of getting your vaccination certificate. To get your COVID vaccine certificate via WhatsApp, follow these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Save the number: +91 9013151515.
- Step 2: Now, type ‘covid certificate’ and send it over to this number on WhatsApp.
- Step 3:An OTP verification will take place
- Step 4: Now, finally, after the OTP verification, users can get their hands on the COVID-19 vaccine certificate online in just a couple of seconds.
Kindly drop your comments below and make use of the share buttons to share this across your social media platforms. Thank you.